International Women’s Rights Action Watch (IWRAW) Asia Pacific with the support of Masimanyane Women’s Support Center (South Africa) will be hosting a multi-country CEDAW shadow report training from the 21-24th of November 2014. This training will take place in South Africa. The location to be confirmed. This training is financially supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Only participants from the Gambia, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Namibia and Senegal are eligible to participate in this training as these countries will be reviewed by the CEDAW Committee in 2015. Those interested are requested to send the completed application form and supporting documents to IWRAW Asia Pacific by Tuesday 21st of October 2014. Late applications will not be considered.
We are looking for participants who fulfill the following criteria:
1. Committed in developing a comprehensive shadow report for the CEDAW review for their respective countries
2. Are part of a women’s organisation/human rights organisation in the countries mentioned above (preferably organisations that are also part of a coalition or network)
3. Preferably with CEDAW/women’s human rights experience
4. Preferably those with a good command of English (English will be the primary language of instruction/communication in this training)
5. Priority will also be given to women activists representing marginalised and vulnerable groups
6. Who are able to submit an action plan for follow-up which has been endorsed by the organisation/network. This action plan must details the steps for follow-up that will be undertaken for the development of the respective shadow report.
Participants who are selected will be responsible in coordinating the respective national level coalition to develop the shadow report within the deadlines provided by IWRAW Asia Pacific.
For further information, kindly contact: Dorathy Benjamin or Sanyu Awori at email@example.com