Recognising 28 September as the Global Day of Action for Access to Safe and Legal Abortion, the Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights is calling on all young activists to speak up for abortion rights by submitting art and writing.
The YCSRR is calling on all young people under 30 years old to submit original artwork (posters, infographics, pictures, postcards, videos, etc.) and original writing (articles, stories, poetry) on the theme of “Resist and persist—our bodies, our abortions, our rights.” for the 28 September 2016 Abortion Rights Watchdog publication!
While it is strongly encouraged for participants to submit work on the theme of “Resist and persist- our bodies, our abortions, our rights” (subtopics listed below), any work about the experiences of young people accessing abortion services is welcome.
- The role of collective action and activism in fighting for abortion rights
- The challenges faced by abortion rights activists
- Connecting current abortion rights movements to those of the past
- Abortion rights at the United Nations
- Abortion rights in light of rising conservatism and populism
- The abortion rights of youth and adolescents (as compared to adults, e.g. legal ramifications, parental consent laws)
- Confronting the US Global Gag Rule and its wide reaching effects
- The intersection of abortion rights and sex worker rights
- The intersection of abortion rights and disability rights
- The intersection of abortion rights and LGBTIQ rights
- Overcoming self-stigma, family stigma, and societal stigma
- Experiences of abortion providers or those involved in abortion access services
- Access to abortion in humanitarian and crisis settings
- Abortion rights advocacy and access to contraceptives
- Abortion rights in the context of global epidemics (e.g. Zika virus)
Deadline: 25th August 2017